We have listed many of the most Frequently Asked Questions here.

Please contact us if you have any questions that are not answered here.

We have listed many of the most Frequently Asked Questions here.

Please contact us if you have any questions that are not answered here.

1. What if I can’t locate my DD214?

Do you have an E-benefits account? You may be able to access it there. Second, if you discharged after Oct. 1, 2004 from the Air Force, Oct. 1, 2002 from the Army, January 1, 1999 from the Marine Corps, or January 1 1995 from the Navy, we may be able to access your DD Form 214 through the Defense Personnel Records Information System WITH a signed authorization by you. 

You can also go to NATIONAL PERSONNEL RECORDS CENTER website and Look for Natural Disaster Request Submission Instructions to send for your DD214.

2. I’m paid through direct deposit. Are bank statements proof of income?

Again, the veteran must have 30 days of pay stubs to prove employer and past wages. A bank statement will only show NET INCOME which will not qualify.

3. What if I have not lived in Montgomery County OHIO 90 days?

The Veteran must have lived in Montgomery County OHIO for at least 90 days. 

4. I am experiencing anxiety due to the experience of this situation and my loss of income, is their help for that?

Please call The Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990, or connect with a trained counselor through the Ohio Crisis Text Line- text “4HOPE” to 741 741, or call to Ohio MHAS help line at 1-877-275-6364.

5. I did not make it past my basic training or make it past my secondary schooling, am I considered as serving on Active Duty?

A member of the Armed Forces of the United States who while serving on active duty for training incurred a disability recognized by the Department of Veteran Affairs or Department of Defense as service Connected is eligible. Documentation should be provided by you in your application for this assistance.

6. Is your office part of the Department of Veteran Affairs also known as “the VA”?

Our office is NOT part of the VA we are a County Agency serving Montgomery County Ohio Veteran residents and their legal dependents. All of our services are FREE.

7. Can I use my Montgomery County OH Veteran ID card instead of the required OHIO Driver’s License/ID Card?

Yes, any government issued photo ID, including Passports are adequate for proof of identity. Additional documents may be required to establish residency. 

8. If I just applied/received Unemployment Benefits am I still eligible for assistance?

Yes you are eligible.

If you have any other questions that are unanswered please contact our office at 937-225-4801 or access our website at WWW.MCVSC.ORG . You can also email your entire packet to veteransinfo@mcohio.org

Stay Connected!

Stay connected on all most recent information, including calendars, news and events that the Veterans Service Commission offers.

Visit Our Offices

Our offices our open for in-person visits and we are here to serve you. 

We are located at:

627 Edwin C. Moses Blvd., 4th Floor, East Medical Plaza

Dayton, OH 45417

(937) 225-4801

Fax (937) 222-7533

Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Appointment Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.